English Name: Artemether Other Name: Dihydroartemisinin methyl ether; Dihydroqinghaosu methyl ether CAS No.: 71963-77-4 MF: C16H26O5 MW: 298.37 Appearance: White crystals or crystalline powder Artemether (INN) is an antimalarial for the treatment of multi-drug resistant strains of falciparum malaria. Its combination (co-formulation) withLumefantrine has first been marketed by Novartis under the brand names Riamet and Coartem. Today, this combination therapy is available as generic from several manufacturers
-Artemether is an alternative used in areas where the disease has become highly resistant to sulfadoxine- pyrimethamine. -Artemether is used to treat fever and malaria. -Artemether will be able to control symptoms, chloroquine against falciparum malaria with the same result. For various malaria treatment. -Artemether can also be used for acute upper respiratory tract infection of patients with high fever, fever role stability.
1. Artesunate is an antimalarial agent. It is a water-soluble hemisuccinate derivative of dihydroartemisinin.
2. Artemisinin is a sesquiterpene lactone isolated from Artemisia annua, a herb that has traditionally been used in China for the treatment of malaria.
3. Artesunate and its active metabolite dihydroartemisinin are potent blood schizonticides, active against the ring stage of the parasite.
4. Artesunate is ideal for the treatment of severe malaria, including cerebral malaria. It is also active against chloroquine and mefloquine resistant strains of P. Falciparum.
5. Artesunate is unstable in neutral solution and is therefore only available for injections as artesunic acid.
Hot Tags: artemether cas 71963-77-4, China, suppliers, manufacturers, wholesale, buy, price